Cars are getting safer, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, However, car accident fatalities and injuries caused by car accidents have skyrocketed in Georgia at an alarming rate.
“Vehicle safety has changed drastically over the years, and today newer cars are safer than ever before. Thanks to advanced engineering, in-depth research and analysis of crash data, newer vehicles are built better and have more safety features to protect you”, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. However, car accident fatalities and injuries caused by car accidents continue to rise in Georgia and across the country to disturbing levels.
Georgia Car Wreck Fatalities
During 2021 in the State of Georgia, there were 1,818 people killed in a car accident. Meaning a person was killed in Georgia almost every 5 hours in a traffic accident. In 2018, the total cost of traffic deaths in Georgia was $2.10 BILLION Dollars!
Despite Georgia being the 8th most populous state in the country, it ranks 4th for the largest number of fatal car accidents.
Georgia Car Wreck Injuries
But it isn’t just car accident fatalities that are increasing. Overall injuries from car accidents and serious injuries caused from car accidents are also increasing in Georgia.
In 2020, nearly 125,000 people were reported as injured while involved in a car wreck in Georgia. From those injuries, there was a 46% increase in serious injury caused by a motor vehicle accident from 7,606 people seriously injured in 2020 to 8,937 people seriously injured during 2021. (Georgia Traffic Safety Facts). According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, injuries from traffic accidents were the second leading cause of hospitalization and Emergency Room / Department visits in 2020.
Have you or a loved one been injured in a Car Accident in Georgia? Contact our experienced team of personal injury lawyers for a free initial case consultation*
How likely are you to get into a Car Accident?
A report by recently conducted by Esurance uncovered some startling statistics.
- 77% of drivers have been involved in at least one car accident during their lifetime.
- Your chances of getting into a car accident during a 1000-mile trip is 1 out of 366.
How does this apply to you?
- The average driver will file an insurance claim every 17.9 years.
- meaning they will file a claim 3 to 4 times during their life.
Why do I need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
As you can tell from the Car Wreck Statistics in Georgia – Insurance companies are extremely used to dealing with car accidents and injuries from car accidents.
With the increase of serious personal injury and fatalities from car wrecks, Car Insurance companies are buckling down offering less and less for the worth of your vehicle, injuries you may have incurred, loss of wages and more.
- The car insurance adjuster’s job is to pay you the least amount possible – to save their bottom line.
- Paying out large claims does not look good to insurance company’s shareholders and investors.
Therefore, car insurance companies will go to great lengths to not to pay what they should.
Because of this, it is more important than ever to make sure you have an experienced personal injury attorney or law firm whose primary focus is handling car wrecks and serious personal injury.
- An experienced personal injury attorney or firm will be well versed in the tricks, schemes and practices that insurance companies consistently use.
- An experienced personal injury attorney will be able to walk you through the claims process and strategically combat the car insurance company’s efforts, fighting to get you and your loved ones the monies you deserve.