classic car wrecked property damage

The short answer is no.

You do not have to accept the insurance companies offer for your property damage.  It is possible to dispute the offer. However, to be successful in your dispute you will need to have proof that the value of your vehicle was worth more than the insurance companies offer.

First, you will need to determine the value of your car.  There are many online sites that are quick and easy to use, such as or  These sites will usually give you three different values.  One will be for trade-in. One will be for individual sale. The last will be what a car dealership would sell it for.  However, it is always good to find an average of these three prices to determine your vehicles worth.

Or maybe, you own a classic car. Did you add after market upgrades to your car or truck?  To make sure you get the insurance companies top offer, you will need to have a recent appraisal or receipt(s)s showing the upgrades that added additional value to your car.  Furthermore, it is important to keep in mind that after-market ‘upgrades’ can be subjective.  What one person thinks adds value, another may think it devalues.

If you are unsure or nervous to talk to the insurance company about the value of your car or truck, we would always suggest contacting a qualified Law Firm that is used to dealing with insurance companies.  If you were injured in the wreck that caused the damage to your car, many Personal Injury firms will handle your property damage claim for free.

Have you been injured in a car or truck wreck and have property damage?  Call Walton Law Firm, P.C. today and speak to one of our experienced attorneys.

Ready to discuss your case? Contact our experienced team of personal injury lawyers for a free initial case consultation*

Do you have a personal injury case and want to speak to an experienced member of our legal team? Call the offices of Walton Law Firm today at 334-321-3000